This site includes links from a number of different affiliate programs. When you click on a link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We also have ads displayed on our site as a means to support our online ministry. Please be aware that some of the ads may not be appropriate for Christians.
Devotional Bible Study MethodThere are many different ways and methods to study the Bible – you can read the whole Bible, you can study the Bible book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, thematically, topically, by character, biographically, by word, etc. In this blog post we will teach you how do a Devotional Method Bible study.
Here is how you do a Devotional Method Bible Study:
1. PrayBefore you start your Bible study, you should pray to God and ask Him to guide and help you in your Bible study.
2. Choose a Bible passageChoose a Bible passage and read it thoroughly.
3. Meditate on the Bible verse(s)Meditate on the Bible verse(s) you have chosen for your study.
4. Make an application to your lifeWrite down how you will apply the verse(s) to your life.
5. Memorize a Bible verseChoose a verse from your Bible passage which summarizes what you have learned from your chosen Bible passage.
6. Assess your applicationAssess your application in the weeks that follow for success or failure.
7. End with prayer
You should always end your Bible study with prayer thanking God for what He has revealed to you. Ask God for helping you apply the verses and findings to your own life and to share them with other people.
Download Free Graphic – DEVOTIONAL BIBLE STUDY METHOD
Welcome to our site where we share the Wisdom that comes from Heaven – from God, God’s Word, Love, and Truth – and warmly invite you to use your creativity to serve and worship God.
I’m a disciple and servant of Jesus Christ leading people to Jesus Christ so they can be reconciled with God according to Matthew 28:16–20 and become disciples of Jesus Christ. I’m also a wife, mom, teacher, Christian Life Coach, author, blogger, and artist.