This site includes links from a number of different paid/affiliate programs. When you click on a link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We also have ads displayed on our site as a means to support our online ministry. Please be aware that some of the ads may not be appropriate for Christians.
Weekly Creative Devotional
Heavenly Father, as we come before you in this moment, we acknowledge that life is filled with challenges and uncertainties. Yet, we trust in your unfailing love and provision. Open our hearts to receive your Word and guide us as we explore how to find joy and rejoice in you, even in difficult times. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
REFLECTIONReflect on the powerful declaration of faith found in these verses. Consider the circumstances described, where there is a lack of produce, food, and provision. Ponder the steadfastness of the prophet Habakkuk’s faith, expressing his commitment to rejoice in the Lord despite difficult circumstances. Contemplate how you can apply this same trust and joy in God, even when faced with challenges.
MEMORIZING THE VERSEWrite down and memorize Habakkuk 3:17-18. Commit these verses to memory as a reminder to find joy and rejoice in the Lord, regardless of the circumstances. Allow these words to encourage and strengthen your faith in challenging times.
CREATING AND MEDITATING
In this part of the devotional, you have the option to choose between two creative activities:
- Artistic Expression: Take out your art supplies and create a visual representation of rejoicing in difficult times. Use colors, symbols, and imagery to convey the joy and trust in God, even when faced with challenges. Let your artwork be a reflection of your faith and an encouragement to others.
- Journaling: Grab your journal and write a reflection on the meaning and application of rejoicing in the Lord despite difficult circumstances. Share personal experiences where you have found joy and strength in God during challenging times. Allow your writing to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.
TAKING ACTION AND APPLYINGConsider practical ways you can find joy and rejoice in the Lord, even in difficult times:
- Gratitude Practice: Cultivate a daily gratitude practice, intentionally focusing on the blessings and provisions that you still have, even when faced with challenges. Write down three things you are grateful for each day, recognizing God’s faithfulness in the midst of difficulties.
- Prayer of Surrender: Offer a prayer of surrender, entrusting your challenges and burdens to God. Ask Him to fill you with His joy and peace, knowing that He is in control and will provide what you need. Seek His guidance and strength in navigating difficult circumstances.
- Community Support: Seek support from a community of believers who can offer encouragement, prayer, and support during challenging times. Share your joys and struggles with others, allowing them to walk alongside you and uplift you in prayer.
- Acts of Kindness: Engage in acts of kindness and service toward others, even when facing your own difficulties. By extending love and care to those around you, you not only reflect God’s character but also experience the joy that comes from selfless giving.
Though the Fig Tree Should Not Blossom
Though the fig tree shall not blossom, Neither fruit be in the vine: Though in vain the olive labors, And the fruitful fields decline:
Refrain: I will rejoice in the Lord, my Redeemer, Joyful I’ll trust Him, for He will provide, Giving me all that I need for my journey; I will not fear, for He walks by my side.
Though no flocks are in the sheepfold, Neither cattle in the stalls: Though the earth is filled with famine, And no rain from Heaven falls:
Though my path lies through the valley Of the shadows, He is near, For His rod and staff they comfort, And no evil I shall fear.
Though my friends should not receive Him, Or through sin should prove untrue: Though the wicked should entice me, And should persecute me, too:
Words: Ernest L. Thompson, Music: Daniel B. Towner
Heavenly Father, we thank you for the example of Habakkuk’s faith and his declaration to rejoice in you, even in difficult times. As we conclude this time of reflection and creativity, we ask for your continued presence and strength. Help us to trust in your unfailing love and find joy in you, regardless of our circumstances. May our lives be a testament to your faithfulness. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
Welcome to ‘wisdomfromheaven.net‘! We are dedicated to the fusion of faith and creativity, spreading God’s love through various artistic expressions. Join us as we explore the transformative potential of creative endeavors illuminated by Christ’s light. 🌟
I’m a disciple and servant of Jesus Christ leading people to Jesus Christ so they can be reconciled with God according to Matthew 28:16–20 and become disciples of Jesus Christ. I’m also a wife, mom, teacher, Christian Life Coach, author, blogger, and artist.
We are a non-denominational Bible-believing Christian ministry trained and equipped at the Christian Leaders Institute. Even though our ministry is based on God's Word, the Bible, you need to approach our teachings like the Bereans and always study the Bible yourself to see if what we teach is aligned with what is written in the Bible.
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11 NIV
We are only humans who 'stumble in many ways' (James 3:2) and we only 'know in part and we prophesy in part' (1 Corinthians 13:9).
The information and advice provided on our blog, with the theme "Christ-Centered Creativity: Sharing God's Love through Inspiring Creativity," are intended for educational and informational purposes only. The content presented on this platform is not intended to substitute for professional advice, whether medical, legal, financial, or any other professional field. Remember that spiritual matters and personal well-being are deeply personal and can have profound effects on individuals. Seek guidance from qualified professionals and prayerfully consider your own circumstances when making significant decisions in your life.