This site includes links from a number of different affiliate programs. When you click on a link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission.
When it comes to salvation, the most important question is to how we can know if we are truly saved.
- Can we find it in the things God is doing in our lives?
- Can we find it in our spiritual growth?
- Can we find it in the good works we do?
- Can we find it in the obedience to God’s Word?
While some of these things can be a sign of true salvation, they are not the real basis of the assurance of salvation.
How You Cannot Obtain Salvation
- You can’t earn your way to heaven by doing great works.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
- You can’t obtain salvation by believing and knowing there is a God and Jesus. Satan and Demons know God and Jesus but they certainly don’t go to heaven.
You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! James 2:19
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41
- You can’t obtain salvation by believing you are a good person and worthy of heaven.
as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; Romans 3:10
- You can’t obtain salvation by obeying church doctrines, going to church, partaking of sacraments, reading and obeying the Bible. If you don’t accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, all these are just good deeds and “religion” that is in vain.
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ Matthew 7:22-23
- You can’t obtain salvation by being a member of any church or religion.
“‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’” Matthew 15:8-9
- You can’t obtain salvation because your mother or father are saved, or you have a grandfather who was a pastor. Salvation is a personal relationship with God. You can’t get saved because of someone else’s salvation. If you are a family and you want to get saved, each member of the family needs to be saved individually by accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family. Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God. Acts 16:31-34
We should find the assurance of our salvation in the objective truth of God’s Word.
And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
That You May Know
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13
If we believe and trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are saved and don’t need to doubt anymore. God doesn’t want us to doubt. He wants us to give assurance in salvation. For this reason, He sent His son to provide the perfect and complete salvation. We only have to accept it. If we have Jesus in our life, then we don’t have temporary life but eternal life. Our assurance of salvation is in Jesus Christ alone.
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
Jesus Himself gives believers the assurance of salvation.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. John 10:28-29
Nobody can take away your salvation once you are saved, not even yourself!
Accept Jesus Christ in your life right now, stop doubting and have confidence in what God has promised and given you through Jesus Christ!
Download Free Graphics, Coloring Pages, and Cards
I’m a servant of Jesus Christ, wife, mom, teacher, artist, and author.
Welcome to our site where we share the wisdom that comes from above – God’s Word which we can study in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament – in a creative visual way.